Send data from target thru ISP3 to Delphi ??

Vincent00

Subject:

Send data from target thru ISP3 to Delphi ??

· 
Posted: 01.03.2013 - 17:17  ·  #1
Hello,

I would like to send datas from target ATMEGA and SPI connected to the ISP3 programmer, and receive them on computer under Delphi program. Is it possible ? what components to import to Delphi 5 ?

The idea is to help for debug, as I have not the JTAG interface on my project...only the ISP connector, so nice if I can send out bytes datas to control...

Thanks,
rh
Administrator
Homepage: e-lab.de
Subject:

Re: Send data from target thru ISP3 to Delphi ??

· 
Posted: 04.03.2013 - 16:31  ·  #2
Hello Vincent,

sorry, this is impossible. The programmer interface is completely different to the standard SPI function.

rolf
Vincent00

Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.03.2013 - 14:47  ·  #3
Hello Rolf,

Sade :-)

In this case, it would be nice for your company to product a new product, very simple, on USB out to connect on the SPI pins by the standard ISP connector, and Delphi components to exchange datas with Target board via SPI !
The advantage for all customers would be to use USB interface very easily, without modify the hardware, with standard AVRs and only ISP connector :-)
rh
Administrator
Homepage: e-lab.de
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.03.2013 - 19:33  ·  #4
Avra
Schreiberling
Homepage: rs.linkedin.com/in…
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2013 - 05:45  ·  #5
There was a BusPirate (27$) compatible AVR project called BusNinja, which could allow you to issue i2c, spi and some other commands over serial line. I have just checked and site is down, but you can access it's files here: https://github.com/jobytaffey/bus-ninja. It shouldn't be hard to interface it with any serial component for Delphi/Lazarus/FPC.
SPI commands and serial communication then looks something like this:
spi
[0x40 0x0A 0x28]
CS ENABLED
WRITE: 0x40
WRITE: 0x0A
WRITE: 0x28
CS DISABLED
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.
MySQL Queries: 15 · Cache Hits: 14   90   104 · Page-Gen-Time: 0.023511s · Memory Usage: 2 MB · GZIP: on · Viewport: SMXL-HiDPI