Webserver

Has anyone implemented a webserver using AVRco Pascal?

• Page 2 of 6
rkumetz

Subject:

Re: Webserver

· 
Posted: 02.03.2007 - 21:16  ·  #9
Rolf,
I forwarded your last post to the support person with whom I have been talking. They have sent a message to Korea demanding answers. I have been told that the W5100 is IDENTICAL to a W3150 with the MAC and PHY integrated and that it and the module for it can be used for W5100 development. I would suspect that if your HTTP server worked for the W3150 that many people (including myself) would be willing to use that part until the bugs are worked out of the W5100.

I started my own board similar to yours. I also integrated a large dataflash to hold web pages.

I appreciate your serious attention to this issue. Web enabling our product has become a big priority and I would rather not use C. Pascal is so much more friendly not to mention your excellent support for common embedded tasks.

Thank you.
Ron
rh
Administrator
Homepage: e-lab.de
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.03.2007 - 21:24  ·  #10
Hello Ron,

I'm sure that the W3150 works perfect and maybe the chip kernel is the same
as in the W5100, but it is clear that this can't be the same silicon. Maybe it is
a good idea to start with the W3150 but our time is very rare and we have
some more things todo so we will wait what is coming on with the W5100.

The best will be if there is an original evaluation board from Wiznet like this
one for the W3100A. So we can be sure that the current problem is our design,
schematics or board layout.

sorry
rolf
rkumetz

Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.03.2007 - 21:36  ·  #11
Rolf,
I understand your reluctance to waste time. Clearly if I had lots of time I would just do it myself! I have forwarded all of your comments to my contact. Best case would be that they had problems with the original silicon that have been cured. After years of experience with Microchip I reluctant to believe those claims but we will see how they respond.

Thanks again!
Ron
rh
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.03.2007 - 21:42  ·  #12
Hello Ron,

if you get any news concerning any W5100 problems or you have any questions
about the upcoming HTTP driver for it you can also contact forum user "Fritz"
who is mainly involved into all Ethernet driver programming.

rolf
rkumetz

Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.03.2007 - 01:04  ·  #13
Rolf,
I have sent some notes to Fritz regarding the functions that we require. I will continue to pursue Wiznet to provide answers regarding the problems that you encountered with the W5100. A while back Wiznet and Atmel announced that they intended to introduce an AVR with integrated hardware TCP/IP and it is too bad that this never happened.

Thank you again for your prompt and thorough attention to my questions.
Ron
rh
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.03.2007 - 09:41  ·  #14
Hello Ron,

yes, we also saw the Atmel-Wiznet statements and were very happy and then
very disappointed because nothing happened.

Did you hear anything about an evaluation board from Wiznet populated with
the W5100, something like the W3100 board??

rolf
tschaggelar2

Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.03.2007 - 11:56  ·  #15
Ron,
You don't need a pop server to send an email, just an SMTP. That looks simpler.

Rene
rkumetz

Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.03.2007 - 15:49  ·  #16
Rolf,
My contact told me that Wiznet is directing customers to use the older board for development. If you were interested in pursuing this solution I would be happy to have a schematic approved by Wiznet engineering and to have some boards fabricated to a mutually agreeable specification. I have a source in China that fabricates boards very inexpensively and fast. As I mentioned our efforts at "instant internet" as advertised by Lantronix have been disappointing at best and to be honest their lack of good tech support has made me a bit angry. If you advertise something as an easy solution shouldn't you expect that you will attract people who are not experts in TCP/IP, etc ?

It is clear to me that your product has significantly better support and a network of users who are kind enough to offer advice to each other.

Thanks.
Ron
  • Page 2 of 6
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.
MySQL Queries: 15 · Cache Hits: 14   120   134 · Page-Gen-Time: 0.023532s · Memory Usage: 2 MB · GZIP: on · Viewport: SMXL-HiDPI