Webserver

Has anyone implemented a webserver using AVRco Pascal?

• Page 4 of 6
rh
Administrator
Homepage: e-lab.de
Subject:

Re: Webserver

· 
Posted: 04.03.2007 - 15:54  ·  #25
@Frank,
@Ron,

Monday I'll try to get a few B+ boards from Dacom West. I hope they are on stock there.

rolf
rkumetz

Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.03.2007 - 16:17  ·  #26
Rolf,
I can also ask Wiznet if they will send you a couple. I think it would be smart for them to help you support their product.

Thanks.
Ron
rh
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.03.2007 - 16:34  ·  #27
Hello Ron,

Wiznet will send samples to Europe????? I can't believe it. Their first question
will be: how many (thousands) will you order in a year. The second one will be:
there are two distributors in Germany, please order them there. ;D

But I'm not sure that these new parts are on stock here. Tomorrow we will see...

rolf
rkumetz

Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.03.2007 - 16:51  ·  #28
Rolf,
The reply will be "how many people will buy your parts if a full featured and easy to use compiler supports them and makes them easy to use". The may not agree but it is worth a try.

Ron
rh
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.03.2007 - 17:09  ·  #29
Hello Ron,

in german we say "Dein Wort in Gottes Ohr" which means "your word into God's ear" :lach:

rolf
rkumetz

Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.03.2007 - 17:21  ·  #30
I have always worked for small companies so I have heard the "how many will you buy" argument too many times. I am of the opinion that having 100 customers who are 1% of your business is much better than 5 customers who are each 20%. If one customer is taken away by my competitor then I can still afford to eat. Also my competitors are looking at the tuna and swordfish which means that they will not bother with my sardines!
FvMP

Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.03.2007 - 18:31  ·  #31
Hello Ron,

by the way, my daughter would say "you are talking all the time of a w3150, how could I know that you actually mean a w3150APLUS"..., but I think, I should have seen this by myself.

I still think, that the w5100 should be operational. too. I would prefer the two chip solution, but it's clear to me from the data sheets that the w3150a+ (and only this new type!) is functionally equivalent, so it should be able to change the device at any time.

Regarding the lantronix XPort, my opinion isn't as bad. As a serial TCP server, it has become a standard in the last years. One problem is however, that the code must fit into the on chip 256 kB SRAM, this is a serious limit for protocol extensions. There is also an option of building your own XPort firmware with lantronix TCP libraries. As a serial server only, the new XPort Direct has an interesting price, however the flash has been reduced to 128 kB and features like E-Mail have been discarded completely. Also the XPort AR is an interesting device, but rather expensive. Thus the Wiznet/AVR solution is really interesting.

Regards,

Frank
rkumetz

Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.03.2007 - 18:48  ·  #32
Frank,
The Xport is ok for serial data but if you need to be able to send email it has issues such as requiring the actual address of the email server and not being able to send anything other than pre-determined strings- the message cannot easily reflect data such as "TEMPERATURE OVER 45 DEGREES". There are only two ways to trigger an email with a pin and with a 2 character match but if you use the character match you must use ascii data to prevent any binary data from coinidentally sending the 2 bytes that trigger an email. The Xport AR is much better. Digi also has one which appears to be more friendly and very similar to the Xport AR. They have what appears to be a very nice and relatively inexpensive development package.

If there was a TCP/IP implementation for this compiler which allowed the user to do things similar to the way that Rabbit Semi's compiler and Rabbit web package it would be an exceptionally powerful tool for those of us who have customers demanding web enabled devices. Personally I would like to stay with the AVR and avoid going back to C. I did that years ago for the PIC.

Ron
  • Page 4 of 6
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.
MySQL Queries: 15 · Cache Hits: 14   115   129 · Page-Gen-Time: 0.02286s · Memory Usage: 2 MB · GZIP: on · Viewport: SMXL-HiDPI