Watchdog und Brown-Out mit dem TC1232 am ATMEGA2560

• Page 2 of 2
Mr Crusty

Subject:

Re: Watchdog und Brown-Out mit dem TC1232 am ATMEGA2560

· 
Posted: 07.09.2010 - 17:35  ·  #9
Hi All,
I agree that a led is a good indicator for timeout of the watchdog, but I now keep a running total of timeouts in non volatile memory.
I once had a bad bit of code and circuit layout where the watchdog kept the process running just by rebooting the processor from code start.
Many fire alarms and safety circuits only allow a limited number of watchdog time outs before they require a processor fault to be flagged to the user.

Regards
Crusty
pvs-deck
PowerUser
Homepage: pvs-deck.de
Subject:

Re: Watchdog und Brown-Out mit dem TC1232 am ATMEGA2560

· 
Posted: 07.09.2010 - 22:49  ·  #10
Hello Michael.

Quote by mc-electronic

Finally, I found a note on the ATMEL site (Document AVR 040) on hardware-design, suggesting mass shielding and an LC filter for the Vcc / analog Vcc of the µP. That did the trick, never a problem again - the noise emitted from the relais was the problem, without galvanic connection. The ATmega is sensitive there, use in all cases LC filters on the µP.

Did you mean this document and connection diagram (see appendix)?

Which values there should I plan now for a 5V-System?
These problems emerge only later if the System is running, which you would recommend?

Regards
Thorsten
  • Page 2 of 2
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.
MySQL Queries: 15 · Cache Hits: 14   50   64 · Page-Gen-Time: 0.069512s · Memory Usage: 2 MB · GZIP: on · Viewport: SMXL-HiDPI