AVRco Service

Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

One Week warning

· 
Posted: 17.09.2021 - 11:39  ·  #73
I will shortly (in one week) be putting a new full install on the website, (or at least try to).

When this happens your PED will (hopefully) suggest you download it.

I suggest that you do not do this. The purpose is to see if it downloads successfully onto another of my computers and that there are no conflicts with the old install program.

When I have tested I will publish that here and either advise you to update or not as the case may be.

I was unable to use the AK installer previously used, and have used InstallShield instead, so the appearance will be very different.

I have separated the install into various sections. For most the 'minimum' download will be appropriate. This will only install changes that I have made.

I am giving advanced notice to take as few people by surprise as possible, and avoid as many 'accidental' downloads as possible until I have tested the feature.
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

Re: AVRco Service

· 
Posted: 21.09.2021 - 15:27  ·  #74
I have now put a full install on the website (but not updated the auto-update facility from the PED). I attempted to download and hit the first issue. The download was blocked by windows because it was not digitally signed. It is easy to overcome, but I guess that is the price for making the product free, unless someone else has any ideas.
TheBeginner
Schreiberling
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.09.2021 - 16:14  ·  #75
Hello Merlin, I have now uninstalled my AVRco and reinstalled yours, there are some errors when starting, I think you should delete all your projects in Project Administration.
But see for yourself the pictures
DE::::::::::::::
Hallo Merlin, ich habe jetzt mein AVRco deinstalliert und deins neu Installiert, es kommen beim Starten einige Fehler, ich denke du solltest alle deine Projekte in Project Administration löschen.
Aber siehe selbst die Bilder

PS...
And a dll is still missing
Und eine dll fehlt noch
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).
TheBeginner
Schreiberling
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.09.2021 - 17:39  ·  #76
EN
Hello Merlin, I have recompiled my current code for my maturity cabinet with your update and everything is working.

DE
Hallo Merlin, ich habe mein aktuellen Code für meinen Reifeschrank neu mit deinen Update comiliert und es geht alles.

Gruß Frank
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.09.2021 - 17:56  ·  #77
Hi Frank.

Thanks for feedback. In the absence of knowing what to include in a full install, I copied my own AVRCo directory - completely forgetting that the ped ini file will have my projects in it! Oops. I will try to find the default on the ftp site and substitute that.

beauti.dll is in the install, so not sure why it has not installed in the right place on your machine. It should be in the IDE folder. Perhaps there is an issue with the start directory in the launcher. Did you launch by accepting the run program option from the installer, or from the start menu?

Regards
TheBeginner
Schreiberling
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.09.2021 - 18:11  ·  #78
Hello Merlin, I am installing my AVRco in its own folder
c: / AVRco_ELap /
DE::::::::::::::
Hallo Merlin, ich Installiere meine AVRco in einen eigenen Ordner
c:/AVRco_ELap/

Gruß Frank
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.09.2021 - 18:29  ·  #79
Hello Frank.

A misunderstanding, I think.

I think I found the issue re dll. There were 2 copies of PED32.EXE, one in AVRCo and one in IDE subdirectories from the install directory. On install exit, the wrong one was being called (although the correct one was being called from Start menu). Have sorted that.

Am installing update now but will take a while (about an hour) during which time the download will not be available.

Thanks
TheBeginner
Schreiberling
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.09.2021 - 05:47  ·  #80
Good morning Merlin, just restarted my computer, please look at the picture,
my FoxReader and parts of AVRco are started at the same time.
DE:::::::::::::
Guten morgen Merlin, habe gerade meinen Computer neu gestartet, schaue bitte auf das Bild,
es wird mein FoxReader und auch Teile von AVRco gleich mit gestartet.

Gruß Frank
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.
MySQL Queries: 15 · Cache Hits: 14   137   151 · Page-Gen-Time: 0.024145s · Memory Usage: 2 MB · GZIP: on · Viewport: SMXL-HiDPI