AVRco Service

Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

Re: AVRco Service

· 
Posted: 01.06.2023 - 20:12  ·  #161
Hello Rene.

Rolf retired from AVRCo a while back. AVRCo is now a free product and to a large extent has to be community based because effectively it is no longer funded. I maintain the compiler, assembler and Wizzard and have just released my latest version. Rolf's family have kindly continued to host the site including the download area, but there is no commercial activity on the site now. Many of the built in drivers do not work with the latest series of chips although basic ones like SysTick and serial do. Since you claim not to use drivers you should not have a problem. If you want to help by contributing drivers of your own that would be very welcome. Another of our users Udo Purwin has already contributed a number for the new Series 0 devices (often referred to as UPDI devices).

Your old license will have expired but the latest versions do not require it, and you no longer need your password to download it.

Welcome back and as I say, any contribution is very welcome.
Merlin.

:magic:

Software is a black art.
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.06.2023 - 20:17  ·  #162
But I should add, Rene, very old compiler versions are incompatible with newer versions of the chip as they changed the memory locations of Registers and IO space with XMegas and the old assembler does not work with either XMegas or series-0. At what point the assembler was changed I don't know but yours certainly will not work with Series 0, and may not work with XMega.
Rene
Benutzer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.06.2023 - 18:48  ·  #163
Thanks Merlin.
My compiler does the older AVR, which I'm used to, and still use while on stock and available. I'd be interested in the newer families. The EA, DA, DD and DB. They have a similar architecture plus the event engine and the CPLD. Unless already implemented, I'd do it. We may consider a Zoom session or so at one point.
UPI

Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.06.2023 - 22:50  ·  #164
Hi Rene,

if you still need something from the older generation:
I still have several unused types here:
Mega32
Mega324p
Mega644
Mega128

Regards
Udo

Quote by Rene

Thanks Merlin.
My compiler does the older AVR, which I'm used to, and still use while on stock and available. I'd be interested in the newer families. The EA, DA, DD and DB. They have a similar architecture plus the event engine and the CPLD. Unless already implemented, I'd do it. We may consider a Zoom session or so at one point.
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.06.2023 - 17:43  ·  #165
Hi Rene.

What I have been working on is to make it simpler to create external drivers that, for example, do not need anything in the 'defines' block. A couple of drivers (notably SysTick and serial) are implemented as internal drivers but untested on these new devices. I am also designing (well just 'refining' now) a wizzard that can build external low level drivers that allow simplified access to the IO area to facilitate the building of real drivers, using ADTF files available from Microchip. These drivers use new features available to a new record type that allow functions procedures and properties from within a record and also allow limited parameterization of those records. I call these 'skeleton records>.

The features of the newer compiler versions are a superset of the old compiler so you are not starting from scratch if you want to learn how to use these features and I will be happy to support you.
Rene
Benutzer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.06.2023 - 21:56  ·  #166
Thanks Udo,
I'd possibly be interested in the 644. In what case and how many ?

Rene
Rene
Benutzer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.06.2023 - 22:47  ·  #167
Thanks a lot Merlin,
I'm absolutely no friend of these drivers, I never used one. Not even the tick. I also skipped the wizards.
They are just a few lines, and I'd rather know what they are doing. If questions arise, I can toggle a pin in it.
Eg. My timer tick.

interrupt Timer0; // the usual Tick 10ms
begin
Timer0Came:=1;
TCNT0:=timer0reload;
TCCR0:=$05;
end;

procedure InitTimer0;
begin
TCCR0:=0; //off
timer0reload:=148; //11.059MHz div1024, 92.59us, 108ticks, 256-108,
TCCR0:=$05;
TCNT0:=timer0reload;
TIMSK0:=$01;
end;

That's it. In the main, I wait for the flag to have occurred.
I'm rather concerned with the extended command set and and functionality on a bare bone level.
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.06.2023 - 23:21  ·  #168
Well, you can certainly still program as before.
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.
MySQL Queries: 14 · Cache Hits: 14   132   146 · Page-Gen-Time: 0.02658s · Memory Usage: 2 MB · GZIP: on · Viewport: SMXL-HiDPI