nwrightson
Benutzer
Homepage: nweha.homeserver.c…
Subject:

Interactive Web Pages - Basic design

· 
Posted: 07.01.2011 - 05:15  ·  #1
Hi All,

So as you may have seen, I have a basic web server going.
I'm going to create a few standard web pages for setting things such as Date, Time, IP config, Netbios name etc. All of which would could be hard coded html and the application would know how to send and receive this information.

What I'm now looking for is a standard generic way of getting data back and forth between the variables in my application and the interactive web page.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

Neil.
nwrightson
Benutzer
Subject:

Re: Interactive Web Pages - Basic design

· 
Posted: 10.01.2011 - 21:57  ·  #2
Morning,

I guess nobody is interested in pursuing a web interface via AVRCo. :(

Neil
wom

Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.01.2011 - 09:08  ·  #3
hello,

I'm certainly at a base - interested application. I register by mail.
wom
Avra
Schreiberling
Homepage: rs.linkedin.com/in…
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.01.2011 - 10:33  ·  #4
I am not aware of some standard for doing what you want, but I can share what I used to do long time ago when I needed to generate HTML static pages from Excel. The most obvious way of doing it is generating all parts of a page in code. This is hard to maintain and ugly looking with so many strings containing parts of HTML code. The better way is to have a static page with your custom tags, so that parser can search and replace them when page is generated at runtime. That's much easier to maintain and much more readable. You don't even have to follow HTML tags convention and you can do whatever is easy for you, like having just some unique prefix before each tag name (tagnames should not have spaces), or both prefix and sufix. It was just one way because there was no need for interactive approach, so I can not help you with interactive pages. They are quite interesting, but I just didn't yet have a need for them. That's why I gave you a link to a C web server project that generates interactive pages. Study it and you will see how can it be done. Of course, the menus, buttons, and all other static content can be generated with any HTML designer and just delivered with AVR.
nwrightson
Benutzer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.01.2011 - 08:43  ·  #5
Hi Avra,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry about the slow responce.
I'm 3621.3km away from home. Still in the same country though :-)

I had a look on the Linux AVR web page you suggested but did not find his web server content.

Perhaps I just have to make my own tags as you suggested.

Thanks,

Neil.
Avra
Schreiberling
Homepage: rs.linkedin.com/in…
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.01.2011 - 14:02  ·  #6
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.
MySQL Queries: 15 · Cache Hits: 14   102   116 · Page-Gen-Time: 0.056116s · Memory Usage: 2 MB · GZIP: on · Viewport: SMXL-HiDPI