I2C bus

resetting I2C bus softwarematically

luxy

Subject:

I2C bus

· 
Posted: 21.11.2011 - 10:16  ·  #1
I have an application using a ATMEGA256 controller.

There are different devices connected to the I2C bus : a realtime clock, an eeprom, a temperature measurement device and ethernet chip

Do you know which commands to send to an I2C bus to the I2C bus when the bus is in a hangup state. I think that some of the devices connected to the I2C bus is sometime going into a hangup state occupying the bus.

Want to have a software reset for the I2C bus, so no power on off.

Luxy
Avra
Schreiberling
Homepage: rs.linkedin.com/in…
Subject:

Re: I2C bus

· 
Posted: 21.11.2011 - 21:30  ·  #2
If you are doing it with hardware TWI then try the same with software I2C driver and see if it is the same. If still the same, try to find which device hangs the bus and replace it with new one (and try to find such a behavior in device errata documents if hanging repeats). If still problems then try to put just that component on a separate software I2C and see if it hangs or not. As for the software reset, maybe this can help: http://www.embeddedrelated.com/groups/lpc2000/show/39838.php
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.
MySQL Queries: 15 · Cache Hits: 14   46   60 · Page-Gen-Time: 0.016372s · Memory Usage: 2 MB · GZIP: on · Viewport: SMXL-HiDPI