ISP-3 Driver "not migrated" after recent WIN10 64-bit update, help!

• Page 1 of 3
allan
Benutzer
Subject:

ISP-3 Driver "not migrated" after recent WIN10 64-bit update, help!

· 
Posted: 02.10.2016 - 17:07  ·  #1
Hello,
After recent windows update programmer can not be found any more and as it works also as a dongle, I can not even compile my projects any more. It did work fine until that.
I have tried everything I could find on the web about driver signature enforcement avoidance, like turning off SECURE BOOT option etc, nothing helps! (http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/driver-signature-issue-on-windows-10-anniversary.html )

Please advice is there any way to get it working again!

TIA,
Allan
rh
Administrator
Homepage: e-lab.de
Subject:

Re: ISP-3 Driver "not migrated" after recent WIN10 64-bit update, help!

· 
Posted: 02.10.2016 - 21:18  ·  #2
Hello Allan,

following your link above it seems that the suggested procedures there should work.
Despite of this we will try to certify our USB drivers by M$.
This will last some time....

rolf
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2016 - 22:22  ·  #3
Hi Allan.

I also had this problem, but for me turning off device signing and updating the driver from disk did work. However, I also had to change compatibility mode for AVRCo.exe to windows 7, (The value it had was XP, which did not work, and the compatibility trouble shooter decided that it should be Windows 8, which also did not work).
I chose a different way to turn off device signing. I left secure boot on.
1, From the command prompt (Windows key + R) type shutdown /r /o and press Enter,
2. Windows informs you that you are about to be signed off. Click close.
3. When windows has rebooted from the options screen that comes up choose the troubleshoot option
4, In the troubleshoot screen pick advanced options.
5. On the advanced options screen choose Startup setting.
6. On the startup settings click restart to reboot your computer again
7. After the reboot press the 7 key or F7 key to choose the 'disable driver signature' option.
8, The computer will again reboot. Sign in as normal.
9. Run the device manager (eg hit the windows button and type in 'device manager' to search for the app).
10, Make sure that your programmer is plugged in, Open up the USB controllers and look for ISP-3 profi debug (or whateer your device is), right click and select 'update driver software...' (or possibly install driver), When it offers to search automatically, select the other option ('Browse my computer for driver software'), Navigate to the drivers directory (C:Program Files (x86)AVRcoAVRcoUSB2_Driver) and press OK
11, You will be told the the author of the driver cannot be determined. Click OK.

This should install the driver. It is quite convoluted but you should only need to do it once. I have rebooted several times without problems.

Note that this only disables driver signature testing until the next reboot.

That said, if you are happy to permanently disable driver signing the method you used should have worked.
allan
Benutzer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.10.2016 - 11:37  ·  #4
Thanks, Merlin, this way I got it working before latest WIN10 update, not any more.
At your point 11, there is no way to click OK, only 'Close' is available now.

Error message is this:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.
windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
ISP-3 Debug Profi

The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This happens despite turned off SECURE BOOT and activated test mode ( bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on )
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.10.2016 - 12:38  ·  #5
Sorry Allan. For me it worked. This looks like for some reason digital signing is not turned off. Which version of WIN10 do you have? I have professional. If you have Home, that could be a difference. The only other difference I can see is that you have secure boot turned off and I do not. Also I did not set the integrity checks off. (That statement is a bit redundant since you cannot set integrity checks off with secure boot on).
Gunter
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.10.2016 - 13:19  ·  #6
Hi,
my ASUS Bios does not even allow to disable Secure Boot.
The workaround I found:
- copy the security keys to an usb stick (this is an menu entry)
- delete the security keys (this is an menu entry)
- restore the security keys from usb if you need to (this is an menu entry)

@Allan
maybe you should investige on how to undo this update until there is a solution ?
Gunter
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.10.2016 - 14:32  ·  #7
Hi Gunter.

To be honest I don't know if my bios allows secure boot to be disabled or not. I didn't need to, so I didn't try. The method I used worked with secure boot enabled (at least for me ;-) )
teddy

Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.10.2016 - 07:10  ·  #8
Hello,
I had the same problem with Windows 10 (rev 1607).
Without conviction, I reinstalled the driver ISP in a different directory than C: (also on another internal drive).
To my surprise, everything works perfectly !
I tried restarting the PC several times, and there is no problem.
In my case, the problem is solved.
  • Page 1 of 3
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.
MySQL Queries: 15 · Cache Hits: 14   137   151 · Page-Gen-Time: 0.023425s · Memory Usage: 2 MB · GZIP: on · Viewport: SMXL-HiDPI