Re: New PED

· 
Posted: 12.02.2022 - 12:58  ·  #9
Hello Merlin,

since I don't use either the "old" or the "new PED", a choice would be best:
- New PED
- Old PED
- No PED

And preferably a separate update tool/program, like rolf had for a while. This I can then simply include in my UEStudio.

Greetings
Thorsten
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.02.2022 - 13:21  ·  #10
Hi Thorsten.

What do you mean by a separate update tool? Something that checks the version and advises you if it changes?

I don't have time to do that I am afraid, but I can advise how to do it. Do you still have the old update tool? presumably it would still work.

To have no PED, simply uncheck the launch box after the install, but if I do write a chooser program I will allow the user to select an editor of their own choice (or none!).

So
Code
-New PED
-Old PED
-User Defined
- None

[x] Always do this

Regards
pvs-deck
PowerUser
Homepage: pvs-deck.de
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.02.2022 - 16:11  ·  #11
Quote by Merlin

Hi Thorsten.

What do you mean by a separate update tool? Something that checks the version and advises you if it changes?

I don't have time to do that I am afraid, but I can advise how to do it. Do you still have the old update tool? presumably it would still work.

To have no PED, simply uncheck the launch box after the install, but if I do write a chooser program I will allow the user to select an editor of their own choice (or none!).

So
Code
-New PED
-Old PED
-User Defined
- None

[x] Always do this

Regards

Hallo Merlin,

ich meine dieses Tool "AVRcoWebUpdater.exe", evtl. funktioniert es auch noch. Aktuell zeigt es Version 5.11.07 an, keine Ahnung ob das die aktuelle ist.

Das mit Deinen Anpassungen ist so für mich in Ordnung, ich brauche keinen start einer PED-Version.

Gruß
Thorsten

------------------------------
Hello Merlin,

I mean this Tool "AVRcoWebUpdater.exe", maybe it still works. Currently it shows version 5.11.07, no idea if this is the current one.

Your adjustments are fine for me, I don't need to start a PED version.

Greetings
Thorsten
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.02.2022 - 16:47  ·  #12
Hi Thorsten

I just uploaded v5.11.07 a few minutes ago, so yes, it looks like it still works.

Regards
Harry
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.02.2022 - 19:45  ·  #13
@Merlin: 5.11.07 ..... 837 MByte .... really?
miparo
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.02.2022 - 19:51  ·  #14
Hi Haryr,
32 MB oder meinst du das Full Install ?
Harry
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.02.2022 - 07:41  ·  #15
Moin Miparo,

bei Thorsten oben von der 5.10.09 auf 5.11.07 sinds 837MByte, bei dir von 5.10.10 auf 5.11.07 sinds 32.16MByte. Echt jetzt? Ja das ist offensichtlich ein Full-Update, aber wieso in diesem Fall? Hab mich halt gewundert.

Gruss
Harry
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.02.2022 - 11:11  ·  #16
Hi Harry

If you update from 5.10.xx to 5.11.xx via the PED, the PED requires you to go for 5.11.00 first, which installs everything, then you install 5.11.xx.

I am using a different installer (because I have to) so it may be an idea to uninstall the old AVRCo first, but you don't really have to. If you download 5.11.07 from the web site and just install that without uninstalling the old version everything should work. v5.11.07 has everything I have changed since taking over the compiler from Rolf. Once you have done that you can update from the PED again.

It is worth commenting that the install files also contain the Windows msi installer, which will increase their size somewhat.

======================================================================================================

Hallo Harry

Wenn Sie von 5.10.xx auf 5.11.xx über die PED aktualisieren, erfordert die PED Sie für 5.11.00 zuerst gehen, die alles installiert, dann installieren Sie 5.11.xx.

Ich benutze ein anderes Installationsprogramm (weil ich es muss), also könnte es eine Idee sein, das alte AVRCo zuerst zu deinstallieren, aber das muss man nicht wirklich. Wenn Sie 5.11.07 von der Website herunterladen und einfach installieren, ohne die alte Version zu deinstallieren, sollte alles funktionieren. v5.11.07 enthält alles, was ich geändert habe, seit ich den Compiler von Rolf übernommen habe. Wenn Sie das getan haben, können Sie wieder über die PED aktualisieren.

Es ist erwähnenswert, dass die Installationsdateien auch das Windows msi-Installationsprogramm enthalten, was ihre Größe etwas erhöhen wird.

Übersetzt mit www.DeepL.com/Translator (kostenlose Version)
  • Page 2 of 5
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.
MySQL Queries: 17 · Cache Hits: 14   136   150 · Page-Gen-Time: 0.029199s · Memory Usage: 2 MB · GZIP: on · Viewport: SMXL-HiDPI