• Page 2 of 2
sine_wave
Benutzer
Subject:

Re: Internal Compiler Error in UFAT16.PCU

· 
Posted: 27.10.2022 - 13:18  ·  #9
Hello Merlin,

I found a work-around. Copied the file UFAT16.PCU into the local project folder (where the .pas file is), and the compiler runs without error.

This is the proof, that the PCU files are somehow not accessable for the compiler. I have no good experience with NTFS and Windows in general, but once the file attribute "read" is activated for a file and in all folder names in the path, I would expect that it to be readable.

Alois
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2022 - 14:50  ·  #10
Hi Alois.

I wonder if there is an attempt to build a temporary file in the System folder? Windows would not like that. I will investigate. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Merlin.
sine_wave
Benutzer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2022 - 15:33  ·  #11
Hello Merlin,

I can live with the work-around for now. But if there is something I can assist, let me know, we can find out toghether. What I wonder is, does the problem exist in general, or only here at my Win7 computer?

Alois
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2022 - 16:23  ·  #12
Hi Alois

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it.

Permissions are very complicated and it may well depend on how windows is configured and what your permissions are.

The intention for Windows 7 onward was that files created by the user would reside in a subdirectory of the documents folder and that the program folders were reserved for, well, programs. That I think was relaxed a little for windows 10 because it caused problems for earlier programs like AvrCo. I think running the PED in compatibility mode might make a difference too.

Please don’t change the way you work yet. I would like to test any fix I might find on your machine where I know that the current method fails.

Thanks

Merlin
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2022 - 17:07  ·  #13
Hi Alois.

I checked if a temporary file is created. It is not. So that cannot be the issue.

I also checked my permissions. For my system I have it set up for full control of everything. But I am also set up as a system administrator.

Regards

Merlin
  • Page 2 of 2
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.
MySQL Queries: 15 · Cache Hits: 14   93   107 · Page-Gen-Time: 0.023244s · Memory Usage: 2 MB · GZIP: on · Viewport: SMXL-HiDPI