pvs-deck
PowerUser
Homepage: pvs-deck.de
Subject:

Re: AVRco 6.0 Test

· 
Posted: 13.07.2023 - 10:35  ·  #57
Quote by Merlin

You are absolutely right Frank, but that no longer works on some (many) machines. I have not changed the way I do anything, but will have to in the future.

As far as I can determine, msi by default creates a log of what has been installed and when there is a new install it removes any files and directories that are not in the new install. There is a flag to tell it not to create this log but it seems that on the latest versions of msi this flag is ignored. I cannot find a way around this. The only possibility is, pain though it is, to put every file in every install. I am testing that theory today.

Hallo Merlin,

schau mal bei Deinem Installer nach Optionen wie "Compare Timestamp" oder "copy if not installed". Beim ISTool kann ich diese Optionen bei jeder Datei angeben, evtl. gab es da bei Deinem Installer eine Änderung.

Aber abgesehen daon, würde ich einfach jede Installation als VollInstallation durchführen lassen. So gibt es dann immer nur ein Setup und fertig. So arbeite ich mit meinen Setups seit vielen Jahren.

Bei einem Tool nutze ich das "TMS Webupdate" hier werden aber eigene Patchdateien von diesen Tool erzeugt und es werden nur die Änderungen von der Webupdate-Komponente geladen und installiert.

Thorsten
-----------
Hello Merlin,

have a look at your installer for options like "Compare Timestamp" or "copy if not installed". With the ISTool I can specify these options for each file, maybe there was a change in your installer.

But apart from that, I would simply let each installation run as a full installation. So there is always only one setup and done. This is how I work with my setups for many years.

With a tool I use the "TMS Webupdate" here however own patch files of these tool are generated and it only the changes of the Webupdate component are loaded and installed.

Thorsten
Attachments
AVRco 6.0 Test
Filename: 13-07-2023_10-26-28.png
Filesize: 110.5 KB
Title:
Download counter: 34
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.07.2023 - 19:01  ·  #58
But apart from that, I would simply let each installation run as a full installation. So there is always only one setup and done. This is how I work with my setups for many years.

Yes that is exactly what I am going to do Thorsten.

There is an option like the one you suggested, but it is set and has always been set. It is just that the latest versions of msi seem to ignore it. Any way I am sure your solution will work and I have already implemented. I just need to test before the next release this weekend.

===================================================

Aber abgesehen davon würde ich einfach jede Installation als Vollinstallation laufen lassen. So gibt es immer nur ein Setup und fertig. So arbeite ich seit vielen Jahren mit meinen Installationen

Ja, das ist genau das, was ich machen werde, Thorsten.

Es gibt eine Option wie die, die du vorgeschlagen hast, aber sie ist eingestellt und war schon immer eingestellt. Es ist nur so, dass die neuesten Versionen von msi sie zu ignorieren scheinen. Wie auch immer, ich bin sicher, dass Ihre Lösung funktionieren wird, und ich habe sie bereits implementiert. Ich muss es nur noch vor der nächsten Version am Wochenende testen.
pvs-deck
PowerUser
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.07.2023 - 10:22  ·  #59
Hallo Merlin,
wenn ich die Installation auf einer meiner VMs testen soll, sag bescheid. Ich teste auch meine installationen immer auf mehreren durch, W7, W10 und W11 64 bit, bevor ich diese an meine Kunden weitergebe.

Thorsten
-------------

Hi Merlin,
if you want me to test the installation on one of my VMs, let me know. I also always test my installs on several through, W7, W10 and W11 64 bit before I give them to my customers.

Thorsten
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.07.2023 - 11:06  ·  #60
Thanks Thorsten. I will pass my installs to you later today.
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.07.2023 - 18:00  ·  #61
Hello Thorsen. I have e-mailed you a drop-box link to the new update.

Many thanks again
pvs-deck
PowerUser
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2023 - 12:23  ·  #62
Quote by Merlin

Hello Thorsen. I have e-mailed you a drop-box link to the new update.

Many thanks again

Hallo Merlin,

ja, habe die Mail gesehen. Bin nachher im Büro und teste es durch.

Thorsten
-------------------

Hello Merlin,

yes, have seen the mail. Will be in the office later and test it through.

Thorsten
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2023 - 17:15  ·  #63
Danke

Thank you
Merlin
Administrator
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2023 - 10:18  ·  #64
Thanks for testing Thorsten. The latest version is now on the server.

I will warn you that because of what I have had to do it is slow to download, but at least no files are lost.

======================================================================================

Danke fürs Testen Thorsten. Die neueste Version ist jetzt auf dem Server.

Ich möchte Sie warnen, dass aufgrund dessen, was ich zu tun hatte, der Download langsam ist, aber zumindest gehen keine Dateien verloren.
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.
MySQL Queries: 11 · Cache Hits: 15   138   153 · Page-Gen-Time: 0.019138s · Memory Usage: 2 MB · GZIP: on · Viewport: SMXL-HiDPI